Thursday, January 8, 2009

Race Day Task 5 – Non starter

 103_2235 What a frickin day today. Every day it seems something goes wrong. First there was the knot in the wing when I launched, then the mid air collision, then my sunglass lens falling out, then I lost my Ipod then my digifly vario starts acting up losing all waypoints when i was entering the task and today it finally gives up the ghost as I waited in line to launch. It lost all coords again. I replaced batteries rebooted and then it stuck beeping constantly  at me. I left the line and went to try and fix it. No way I could get it going again and my little sonic vario backup I had left in the hotel.! C’est la Vie. This just wasn’t going to be my comp. The first day was great but it hasn’t been good since.  I was so frustrated in disgust I packed up my wing and got a lift back to town and immediately sent an email to Digifly.

Now I have vented, it was another tough day today but a little better than yesterday. They delayed the start until 1:00 with launch window opening at 12:00pm. of course this was the strongest part of the day of the day and even the top comp pilots has some launch difficulties. 103_2224 In the air you could see penetration was a problem but watching from the launch they got good lift out towards Penon and beyond.

The task was 71Km and folks did make goal. However, A lot of folks got flushed coming back from the first waypoint at the Penon area or at launch including  John and Arun. I haven’t yet talked to anyone else to get an update.

However as I write this little blog I see the Tiger bridge is washed out again on both sides..What a start to the year! Please let it get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment